THINGS ARE CHANGING


I am sitting in a hotel in Logan Utah at this moment. I am looking out the window at the snow covered mountains and field between my hotel and the mountain and I am feeling so many things. I am excited for the upcoming move here. I am excited for Scott and Jen's wedding. I am happy about so many things. It is so weird that in the middle of all of the happy , goodness I feel a small tinge of sadness. I guess that is getting to be the "norm" for me now. I am sad to leave the place I grew up. I feel connected to my parents there. I am sad to leave my sister Lori and her kids. I am sad to leave behind memories of where I was married, and became a mother. I am sad that I look back to that time and it is like a movie of someone's life that I do not know. I thought this time in my life would be so different. I thought it would be family building, not rebuilding. I feel so alone and feel more and more alone as time goes. I am so proud of my kids. They are all so amazing and I am so proud of the job I did with them. I am not a perfect mother but I am a good mother and they are the proof. I want to feel happy again. The happy that I used to wake up to and fall asleep to. I hope that I find the happy I am missing in my life in Utah. I have the right to be happy again, to feel whole and good about who I am. Everyone deserves to feel that. I need to put my old life in the past, I need to admit to myself that Chad loves someone else and I will never ever be who he loves again. I need to admit to myself that it is time...to move on..life goes on..even alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missing people and the feelings that childhood brings

IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME...